Welcome to the On/off leash Dog Exercise area
The area is unsupervised and use it at your own risk
Permission for use of this area for on/off leash dog activities is conditioned on strict compliance with the following regulations and all applicable provisions of the animal control ordinances.
- Dogs are allowed off-leash only with the area between the “dog biscuit” signs south of the drainage ditch and east of the top of the lagoon.
- Dawn to Dusk use only. Animals are not allowed during other hours.
- You are responsible for the conduct and supervision of your dog(s).
- You must be in the permitted area within view and control of your dog at all times by leash not longer than eight feet or by voice command by which the dog will come when called.
- Dogs must be on leash when outside the permitted area. Dogs off-leash outside the permitted area considered “at large”.
- Dogs without current license and vaccination are not permitted.
- You must immediately remove and properly dispose of waste.
- You must immediately leash and remove your dog at the first sign of aggression toward any person or other dog(s).
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted in the park.
Permission for use of this Dog Exercise area is a privilege, and not a right. Please respect others use of the area. Failure to comply with regulations can result in revocation of privileges and/or prosecution for ordinance violation.
Management, operation and maintenance of this area is by The Friends of the Vero Beach Dog Exercise Area, Inc.
Have you had an incident at the park recently?
Click here to download a report and email it back to us as soon as possible. We value your input and suggestions.